Monday, May 21, 2007

Running on empty

I've been dieting for about three weeks now - I find I do a lot better when I have a specific goal and date in mind. This time, I've been trying to get back to a 38 waist by the time I go down to Jersey this weekend. And the results have been good - I'm down to 38-1/8 this morning, been hitting the gym regularly and staying away from the candy/junk food.

The problem is I've pretty much run myself down doing this. I hit the gym yesterday and came out famished. My name for it is "the hungry horrors" - I got home and had some peanut butter on a toasted English muffin and a yogurt (which not-so-coincidentally has been my dinner the past few weeks), which held me until L. made some shepherd's pie from dinner. Today I've been hungry AND wiped-out, so I know I'm running on fumes right now.

Luckily, the trip is Friday, but I need to find some healthy snacks to get me through the next few days.

No comments: