Sunday, May 6, 2007

Spring has sprung

Tired and sitting on the couch with my laptop, waiting for The Sopranos to start in a half-hour. Was out Friday and Saturday nights, which doesn't help matters. Anyway, ran the mower for the first time this spring...the weather was finally rebounded from the cold we had the past couple of months.

Spent yesterday at Suffolk Downs - went out to bet a few races and get my Derby action in. What a nightmare: big crowd, not enough tellers and long lines everywhere. Twice I got caught in lines where tellers were arguing with bettors over tickets they'd punched. I literally had to walk away from the second line, as I couldn't take Dumb and Dumber trying to sort bets out. A big part of the problem is the presence of the once-a-year visitors whose knowledge of calling out bets is equivalent to my knowledge of quantum physics. And to cap it all off, I didn't cash a single bet; in fact, one of the horses I touted in the Derby finished dead last.

Keeping busy with work - starting to integrate more into the group in Dallas. I'm finding projects to keep myself busy while waiting to transition our servers to Dallas.

I'm beat - more to follow, soon.

No comments: