Monday, July 9, 2007

Sorting things out, part 1

Almost a month since my last post - for shame. There's a lot to catch up on, so I'll split this into early morning and evening segments.

Still hard at work in Maynard - hard to believe it's 8 months now. Been busy with projects and getting ready for more server migrations to the Dallas operations center. Had a fairly easy commute last week with so many people being out for holiday week, but I'm guessing the grind starts again this morning.

One of the company executives held an outing a few weeks ago at his home out in Acton. I had a good time - lots of food, brought a bottle of Riesling. All was well until the volleyball game started mid-afternoon - I was asked to play and proceeded to run myself into the ground. The main problem is that I refuse to acknowledge my age, so I was hurling myself into the sand trying to dig out balls, and generally putting my body to much more stress than I could handle. I got home that night and I felt like I had been hit all over my body with a wiffleball bat. I actually needed 6 Advils to get through the next day and a half. I told Lofty Mario about my athletic efforts and he told me, "Dude, we're getting too old for that."

Looking forward to vacation in three weeks. Heading up to the Mount Washington Valley with the family - we rent a condo for the week, which brings pool privileges there. It's great to wake up, look out the living room windows and see the Presidentials in the distance. We'll be celebrating G's sixteenth birthday while there, and she'll be applying for her driver's permit the following Monday.

One main drawback to the volleyball fiasco was getting out of the gym routine. At one point, I had gone 5 days in 3 weeks, which doesn't get the job done. I got back the last 3 days, so I'm hoping I'm back on schedule.

That's all for now...more later, I promise.

No comments: