Friday, June 15, 2007

A good night to play catch-up

I'm sitting on the couch, zonked, watching the Mets-Yanks on the dish. Just to clarify, I'm zonked as in tired...got called the past two nights in a row by work. Was up from 11-a Wednesday night and 11-2 last night, so I'm running on 9 hours sleep the last 2 nights. I do get OT, so I can't complain too much. We're in the process of rolling out a production application in Dallas, so there are some growing pains involved. I got home @ 6pm and immediately took a nap for over an hour.

Finally got tracked down by Sirius radio - when I bought my car nearly 3 years ago, it came with a one year demo for satellite radio. Well, on May 31st the demo finally ran out. I play it a lot - G listens to Hits One when she's in the car, and I switch between Howard, the rock stations and some classical. So I bought a subscription, and all's well with the commute again.

Speaking of which, G is done with school for the year, so I'm leaving earlier, and the drive has been a bit shorter. My mood is a bit better, but I still want to evaluate my options as far as employment goes. My fellow contractor and I were told this week that we're extended through the end of the year, which would put me there for over a year.

Not much planned for the weekend...L and G are taking me to Sake on Rte.1 on Sunday for Father's Day. One of my favorites - they do a great job with sushi, as well as tempura dishes. Have some yardwork to do, as well as washing the car. Updating the resume should be on the list as well.

No comments: