Monday, November 12, 2007

Birthdays

L. and I took a friend to All Seasons Table for a birthday dinner this past Saturday night. He liked the restaurant as much as we do - and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. We had sushi as appetizer, and I had some crispy duck in a Thai sauce. Fried green tea ice cream for dessert. Happy to see the restaurant full at 7pm, with folks waiting on tables. Then home to watch a disheartening BC loss.

Did a lot of errands over the weekend, as well getting to the gym both days. Taking tonight off, so it's been 5 out of 7 days. It's a good start, and I'm hoping to keep to a similar schedule this week. Brought in my winter clothes and put the summer ones out in the garage...with temperatures in the high 20s the past few days, it's about time.

As for the other birthday, our oldest cat turned 17 over the weekend. Bebop's been part of our family since we bought our house - we have a picture of him smelling G when we brought her home from the hospital. He's slowed up considerably and has some trouble seeing - right now he's curled up next to me on the couch as I type this.

No comments: