Thursday, November 8, 2007

Super Special Overnight Posting!

I'm sitting on my couch, half-asleep, waiting on a DBA in Dallas to finish a backup and upgrade Oracle software. I went to bed around 9:30 and slept fitfully until 1:30. If I can get back to bed by 4, I'll be shocked. Looks like a long day ahead of me. Ah, the exciting life of the IT professional - and yes, I am getting overtime.

Been trying to get back on my exercise routine. Between football games and a cold, I'd been out of the gym for a week and a half. My gut has expanded accordingly, so it's time to get serious. I made it to the gym last night and tonight, but I already know I'm going to be too zonked to do much of anything Thursday.

Saturday night was a doozy. Got up to my usual parking place at BC around 5pm, and wound up sitting in the car for 2 hrs with The Captain and Count Macula, drinking beer and talking. The weather was horrendous...cold with wind-driven rain. By 7pm, we headed up to campus to meet up with our usual tailgate crew, who ran late. The funny part was meeting an FSU fan who was a good friend of my cousin down in NJ back in the day. Wound up getting stuck with 8 ounces of Bushmill, which I had to down just before gametime.

The weather actually improved during the game itself...the rain let up by halftime and the wind died down by game's end. Not a happy ending for the good guys, unfortunately. I wound up getting home by 1:30am and was appropriately useless on Sunday.

Winter is starting to rear its head - getting the winter clothes out and putting the summer clothes away is at the top of my to-do list this weekend. I already scheduled some maintenance for the snowblower with the local hardware store. It's about 37 degrees in the backyard as i type this, and I'm warm, albeit tired.

No comments: