Thursday, January 25, 2007

Oh Headless Chicken

Well, I think I finally convinced my co-workers I can be as much a spaceshot as anyone else. made the drive into Maynard this morning, get to my desk at 8:45. By 10:15, one of our servers is acting up and non-responsive, meaning I have to trek up to Billerica to fix it. Needless to say, I was not happy, particularly since I have no documentation on the apps on it, etc. So I shutdown my laptop, gather everything up, make the 40 minute drive up, wait 15 minutes to get some lunch to take into the facility. I sign in, go to set up, and I forgot my power cord.

Sod me.

I have about 90 minutes of battery time...takes about an hour to get the issue resolved. I stopped at CompUSA to check a replacement, but didn't want to spend the $90 on the adapter. So, i'm home, where my loving wife has a spare power supply that I can use here.

70 miles driving today...sigh.

No comments: