Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Totally wired

Spent most of last Saturday retrieving Lofty Mario from the hospital. Somehow the walker he used to leave the building wound up in his home, but I'm sure that was an honest mistake.

After that good deed, I went home and spent the afternoon cleaning up my audio/video mess. I must've come up with a dozen cables that weren't in use anymore. In addition, I finally retired my turntable and cassette deck, neither of which I've used in probably a decade. My daughter is hoping to get the turntable, as she has fantasies on scratching and popping on it. My wife claimed the cassette deck, as she some tapes she wasn't to dub off to her PC. I did get the S-Video cables hooked up to the new SAT receiver, so the video is much clearer. The only downside I spent so much time crouching/contorting myself in a narow space that my back and legs were killing me the next day.

I still need to unwire/straighten out/rewire the current configuration, but that's another afternoon project for another day.

No comments: