Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Shape I'm In

I managed to get back to the gym last night...a half-hour of cardio and the steamroom helped alleviate the depression I had.

I've been pretty lax in my attendance since before Thanksgiving - between the holiday obligations and adjusting to the new job schedule, I haven't been very diligent in working out four days a week the way I used to. This is probably a good time to fix a goal and work toward it...as of today, I weigh 221 lbs and have a 38-3/8 waist. I'll sit down and figure out a target weight/waist size and start trying to achieve it.

Two and a half years ago, I weighed about 240 lbs and was wearing size 42 jeans. I'm probably one of the few people stupid enough to start a workout/diet regime just before the holidays. Luckily, I had a HS reunion coming up in April 2005, which gave me the motivation to try to lose 30 lbs. And I did...I got down to 210 and a waist size just around 38". Since then, I started doing some Nautilus and bulked up, and I put on 10 lbs. Now I've decided to cut back on the weights and go for more reps with a smaller weight, to try to tone rather than get bigger. We'll see.

No comments: